Thursday, August 28, 2014

A visit to Planet Snoopy


I've got some more reviews on the way shortly, but I have to post a brief recap of a recent "adventure." 

Last month, I visited Kings Dominion with Rigby_Mel, my co-blogger at Holiday Film Reviews.  For those who don't know, Kings Dominion is a theme park located 20 miles north of Richmond,VA. It's a place we visited frequently when we were kids.

Kings Dominion is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.  The park has brought back many attractions that were part of our childhood, like the Singing Mushrooms.  Here's a video that features the Mushrooms:  

Since my last visit, they added a section to the park called Planet Snoopy!  While it's aimed at kids, this Charlie Brown fan had to check it out.


When I was a kid, one of my favorite rides at the park was the Scooby Doo Coaster.  Since KD no longer has an affiliation with Hanna-Barbera, it has been rechristend the Woodstock Express.

 
It's a nice "mid-tempo" rollercoaster, still as much fun as it was years ago.

We also checked out other rides, like the Flying Ace, which went up a lot higher off the ground than expected.


And we made a point of being photographed with a certain beagle, also known as "that funny looking kid who plays shortstop."

Left-to-right:Rigby_Mel, Snoopy and I.
And while I'm way to old for Snoopy's Moon Bounce, the giant Snoopy astronaut is pretty cool.

I am dwarfed by the giant Snoopy.
So if you're a Charlie Brown enthusiast, and you find yourself in the vicinity of Kings Dominion, a visit to Planet Snoopy promises fun for Peanuts fans of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment